As Kashmiris we are wondering what really happened to us,
Was it a curse ,is there some verse that will explain our plight,
In spite of knowledge of the Scripture,we failed miserably thus:
We swore by God ,we kept our fast with life as blessed could be,
Until the time we got fooled and lost the wisdom to see,
So now,we thought,with the logic we got that the minority is a pin,
'tis a mistake that we made and slipped down the hole of sin,
Most were good,some were bad,but all were sad for this,
They had to leave with the little they got and live in a tiny room,
Don't you deny your part in this because God was watching you,
You sicken me ,because of you,we got punished with gloom,
Even I ,who wasn’t there,but did know of your plight,
Read the news outside Kashmir but did not shed a tear,
I covered my eyes,lay in dark,away from the light,
Was I really worshipping Allah?Had I not any fear?
Even as we were coasting down the rugged road of time,
We kept ignoring our lot with whom we shared our blood,
And then came down the Providence that people are known to fear,
A people failing humanity were punished with the flood,
We pride ourselves as Muslims but we don't really see,
Instead of helping the weaker lot,we watch and smile with glee.
Until the time we got fooled and lost the wisdom to see,
So now,we thought,with the logic we got that the minority is a pin,
'tis a mistake that we made and slipped down the hole of sin,
Most were good,some were bad,but all were sad for this,
They had to leave with the little they got and live in a tiny room,
Don't you deny your part in this because God was watching you,
You sicken me ,because of you,we got punished with gloom,
Even I ,who wasn’t there,but did know of your plight,
Read the news outside Kashmir but did not shed a tear,
I covered my eyes,lay in dark,away from the light,
Was I really worshipping Allah?Had I not any fear?
Even as we were coasting down the rugged road of time,
We kept ignoring our lot with whom we shared our blood,
And then came down the Providence that people are known to fear,
A people failing humanity were punished with the flood,
We pride ourselves as Muslims but we don't really see,
Instead of helping the weaker lot,we watch and smile with glee.
No comments:
Post a Comment