Sunday, 25 June 2017

MY LADY'S FINGER

Though,just a cut on the finger,
And a couple of days in pain,
It was the blood on that maiden's  hand,
The one that I reached out to gain,

These are the  feelings that linger,
That just dont let things change,
You can convince yourself to feel better,
Any attempts,though,are in vain,

In life we search for love,
Through sunny days and rain,
The heart of a relationship,though,
Inevitably,is the pain,

And,the expressions on our faces,
Being caught  in the roller coaster,   
We ever so tactfully feign,

As we  lose control of our thoughts,
And just feel the tight  iron grip,
Of the relationship's rusty chain,

Lost,but happy,that I loved at all,
At least I broke that impregnable wall,
Momentarily,I was shackled to that maiden's  heart,
And now,since that rusty chain is gone,
On those long days of feeling forlorn,

I will roll my sleeves and look at my arm,
And wistfully cherish the stain,

No comments:

Post a Comment